Who we are
Like most website operators, Jawaler collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Jawaler’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Jawaler’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Jawaler may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Jawaler’s websites choose to interact with Jawaler in ways that require Jawaler to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Jawaler gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Jawaler may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Jawaler may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Jawaler does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Jawaler uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Cookies may also be used by third-party such as google analytics.
We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze web traffic to the Site. Google utilizes the data recognized, collected, and/or tracked on the Site to prepare reports on traffic activities.
This integration of Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address.
Google may use the information recognized, collected, and/or tracked to personalize the ads of its advertising network and may share the information recognized, collected, and/or tracked with other services.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Professional service providers.
- Third parties whose services you purchase through our Site.
- Social Media Networks.
For the moment we are using the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics: this service can collect some data such as time of visit, pages visited, and time spent on each page of our website. It can also collect referring site details.
MailChimp : this service helps us collect your email address and your name so that we can deliver newsletters when you subscribe.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Users based in the European Union have the right to do the following:
• Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
• Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
• Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
• Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from us.
• Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
• Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as soon as possible and always within thirty (30) days.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
Users who reside in California have the right to request any of the following
- disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected
- deletion of personal information we have collected from you
- disclosure of the categories of personal information we have collected, the categories of sources from which we collected it, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling it, the categories of third parties with whom we share it, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected
- disclosure of the categories of personal information we collected or sold and the categories of third parties to whom it was sold
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of these privacy rights.
Requests can be submitted by you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf by email to email@example.com
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as soon as possible and always within forty-five (45) days.
Should you have any feedback, comments, requests for technical support or other inquiries, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 2020-06-26